Below is a trailer for an interview of Will Dowden at a recent industry conference.
In the interview, Will gives a great overview of the KLH approach and beauty of the lower middle market as well as touching on a number of other topics, including:
- Navigating uncertainty as a buyer and within a portfolio company
- Positioning—demonstrating experience with “scars,” but not taking oneself too seriously
- The secret to success, since “financial engineering” doesn’t work
- “Knocking the cover off the ball” in a corporate carve-out
- Vertical emphasis that produces revenue opportunities—why we focus in these spots
- A “nontraditional approach” to fill out a PEG’s “bench” and why it works at KLH
- How to make your company more valuable to private equity
- The 100-day plan—how companies transition to PE ownership and buy into success
- Addressing the “tough nut” of organic revenue growth
- PE professionals’ inherent leadership: Can government benefit from the wisdom?
View the rest of the interview here.